The First Stage of HotelPlanner.com PGA EuroPro Tour Qualifying School is complete, with 179 golfers progressing to next week’s Final Stage at Frilford Heath Golf Club.
It was a wet and windy week across the UK, felt at all five First Stage venues. At Slaley Hall a snow delay on Tuesday was compounded when frost forced Wednesday’s second round to begin 75 minutes late, while at Mottram Hall a fallen tree on the 17th fairway meant the hole was played as a par-three for the first round, reverting to a par-four for round two.
The 179 players – from combined field of 411 across the five venues – join 61 players who were exempt through to Final Stage to complete the 240 man field who will play one round on each the Red and Blue Course at Frilford Heath next week before the leading 80 players and ties contest a further 18 holes on the Blue Course.
– The winning score at Slaley Hall was Scott Borrowman’s +3, while seven players contested a play-off for the final four qualifying spots having finished tied at +17
– At Burhill a four-way play-off between those who finished +10 decided the final three qualifiers. Ryan Evans (Wellingborough Golf Club) was the tournament winner on -3 (70, 71)
– Six players competed for one final spot at The Players Club, having all finished tied 36 on +15. The winning score was Matthew Swales’ +4 (74, 72)
– Jordan Godwin (Barnehurst Golf Club; 73, 68) and Benjamin Martin (Worthing Golf Club 72, 69) shared the lowest score at Woldingham, both finishing -1. Seven players contested the play-off, from which two proceeded to Final Stage
– Marcus Mohr (72, 69) finished the winner at Mottram Hall on -2. A five way play-off of players on +11 determined the final four qualifiers.
*The course at Mottram Hall had been played as a par-71 in the first round due to a fallen tree blocking the 17th fairway, forcing the tee to be moved up and the hole played as a par-three. However, the obstruction was cleared in time for the course to return to a par 72 for the second round.
Final Stage at Frilford Heath Golf Club in Oxfordshire begins on Wednesday, April 8.
COMPLETE LEADERBOARDS (Number of qualifiers in brackets)
|Burhill (37)||Mottram Hall (36)||Slaley Hall (33)||Players Club (36)||Woldingham (37)|